YellowJ's Blog

Friday, October 08, 2004

College Part 2

I have to say, Stanford is definitely the coolest college ever. There is so much to do here, and its a constant battle between studying, chilling, partying, and sleeping. I don't put practice in there because there is no choice in that area. You go.

Classes are ok. Lots of reading and writing. Still debating whether to take Chinese. Sometimes learning new character is just such a pain in the backside. Rhetoric is still messing with me!

I just came back from an ice cream social hosted by the AANSOC (Asian something something), while hanging out with my Big and co Sibs (AANSOC also has a Big/Lil sib program which pairs you with a freshman and 2 upperclassmen) fun stuff, schmoozing (is that how you spell it?) with all the Asians.

Then I went to the Party on the Edge with some people, a gathering at Stanford's Art Center, which also really cool. There were these huge walls that you could write random stuff on, with holes that you could peek to see statues or what not. Someone violently stuck their finger in a hole when I was looking through it. Fucker. Some of the exhibits had sound accompaniments that were supposed to represent their "voices". I swear the Greek Statue was gay as a fruitcake.

Beyond all that, college is a time for building friendships, and relationships. Oh, I don't know how to put this stuff into words. I don't know where my life is going. I can only do what I can and hope that things work out. Who am I anyways? I feel like I'm being put into a category, into a box that I won't be able to climb out of. I desire to rescript my actions. Sometimes I feel like I know what I'm doing, and that I have a good sense of what's going on. And sometimes I just have no fucking idea. That really sucks.

PS I'm the webmaster for my dorm. I'm gonna post the site as soon as its done.

1 Comments:

  • Glad you're having fun, it seems really cool.

    -Hoi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home