YellowJ's Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Nanjing

Chinas progress can really be seen here at the Sports Training Center here in Nanjing. When I trained at Nanjing the dorms were in pretty poor condition. They 6 kids in a small room, bunked up. It was cramped. The only thing to do was play sega saturn and dreamcast in one of the older kids room. The gym was big but the floor was all rotting wood, and everything was dirty and a lot of the metal was rusting.
Now I go back and there are only 3 people to a dorm, and i see tons of computers as well as tvs and speaker systems. They all have internet and air conditioning, and they all play counter strike. In fact there is an ongoing all-sport cs tournament. Gymnastics got eliminated by the ping pong team. The gym is big and cleaner now, with not wood, but concrete floors. It's still dirty, but at least things aren't rusting anymore. And you get to drink during practice. =)
Yeah, but the bad part is that I'm fat from eating out every meal in Beijing. Yeah, and right when I lose it, I go to Shanghai and Suzhou and eat more, especially with the relatives, who always want to put more food on your plate. Now I'm fat, again.
Oh yeah, Beijing was cool, went to a bunch of old places: Summer Palace, Tianmen Square, Forbidden City, Great Wall. I did a handstand on the Great Wall. LeetSawce. And I shot guns in Shanghai, and hung out with Yin - went rockclimbing. Also, shopping for tons of fake stuff, more on that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home